-
32 or 64 bit
Can Knoppix be forced 64 bit when using Knoppix HD Install? I I need to install Knoppix to HD as a true 64 bit. I booted the live cd with knoppix64 and the used the Knoppix to HD Install. Afterwards I found that it installed as 32 bit. I edited the boot file to load vmlinz-4.2.6-64 assuming this would resolve. I now find that uname -m generates x86_64 yet getconf long_bit generates 32 and when attempting to install a 64 bit application I get an error, package architecture amd64 doesnt match system i386.
So is it possible to install knoppix to hd as a 64 bit os and run 64 bit applications?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)
$57.99

Samsung SyncMaster 2033SW 20" 1600x900 Resolution WideScreen LCD Monitor
$41.00

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00

Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Charging Port 100% Original Oem
$98.99