-
Junior Member
registered user
Prob in hdinstall in Knoppix-3.2 06-06-03
I posted that I was not able to connect to the internet over a dialup line to my ISP with a hd install of Knoppix-3.2 060603 a few days ago. Since, I have continued to troubleshoot this prob, but a few minutes ago a respondent (in another forum) recommended I try running from the Live CD.
I write this to you from the same ver. running off the CD. It connects fine. When installed to the hard disk, though, it's broken, as my previous posts describe.
I notice that /etc/resolv.conflict is now correctly filled in with the dynamic DNS my ISP provides; this is emphatically NOT SO in the hdinstall, where the orig /etc/resolv.conflict was empty, and no corrections in it would bring KPPP, wvdial or pon to connect.
Any hints on how I might fix the hd installed version? Copy which files to the hdinstall?
I quite like Knoppix and running from the hard disk is SO MUCH faster.
Similar Threads
-
By Linux-_usr in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-01-2005, 12:21 AM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-19-2005, 12:33 PM
-
By fludey in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-03-2004, 01:04 PM
-
By bigmoose in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-01-2004, 01:26 AM
-
By volcomman2003 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-10-2003, 05:58 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

ADATA XPG Lancer Blade RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Desktop RAM Black
$429.94

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

Patriot Viper Steel 64GB (2x32GB) DDR4-3600MHZ
$350.00

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

NEW IN BOX - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32gb (2x16gb) DDR6200 CL36 CMH32GX5M2B6200C3
$550.00

LOT OF 4 Samsung 16GB DDR4-2666 ECC UDIMM 2Rx8 PC4-21300 M391A2K43BB1-CTDQ
$469.95