-
syslinux.cfg
Hi,
Please bear with me, this is my first post.
I have installed Knoppix to my HDD, and I want if to boot with the cheatcode "fb800x600". I have added this to the APPEND line in /mnt-system/boot/syslinux/syslinux.cfg and /home/knoppix/Desktop/KNOPPIX/boot/syslinux/syslinux.cfg but to no avail. Please help! My Knoppix install is perfect appart from having to type "fb800x600" every time I boot up.
Thank-you for your time,
petemaxi.
-
If you did a HD installation of Knoppix you have to edit '/boot/grub/menu.lst'. Append at the end of the line "kernel /boot/vnlinuz ..." your wanted cheatcode. By the way, if you know the available resolution of your computer (Laptop?) you may try the cheatcode "screen=...".
-
Hi,
Tried this on every kernel line and the defoptions line but to no avail, it still only works if I explicitly type fb800x600 at the startup screen. Thanks for the suggestions, though.
-
Which kind of installation have you really done?
→ http://knoppix.net/wiki/Category:Har...e_Installation
And tell us more about your computer.
Last edited by Werner P. Schulz; 03-25-2016 at 04:31 PM.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99
![Samsung Galaxy Tab 5 active [Untested for parts only ] picture](/store/img/g/Vs4AAeSwRbVqwATU/s-l225/Samsung-Galaxy-Tab-5-active-Untested-for-parts-onl.jpg)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 5 active [Untested for parts only ]
$75.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)
$57.99

Samsung SyncMaster 2033SW 20" 1600x900 Resolution WideScreen LCD Monitor
$41.00

Dell Chromebook 11 3100 11.6'' I 4020 4GB 16GB VERY CLEAN RUNS WELL NON TOUCHSC
$27.00

Lot of (4) 1TB NVME SSD M.2 2280 Samsung Micron Used
$399.00