-
syslinux.cfg
Hi,
Please bear with me, this is my first post.
I have installed Knoppix to my HDD, and I want if to boot with the cheatcode "fb800x600". I have added this to the APPEND line in /mnt-system/boot/syslinux/syslinux.cfg and /home/knoppix/Desktop/KNOPPIX/boot/syslinux/syslinux.cfg but to no avail. Please help! My Knoppix install is perfect appart from having to type "fb800x600" every time I boot up.
Thank-you for your time,
petemaxi.
-
If you did a HD installation of Knoppix you have to edit '/boot/grub/menu.lst'. Append at the end of the line "kernel /boot/vnlinuz ..." your wanted cheatcode. By the way, if you know the available resolution of your computer (Laptop?) you may try the cheatcode "screen=...".
-
Hi,
Tried this on every kernel line and the defoptions line but to no avail, it still only works if I explicitly type fb800x600 at the startup screen. Thanks for the suggestions, though.
-
Which kind of installation have you really done?
→ http://knoppix.net/wiki/Category:Har...e_Installation
And tell us more about your computer.
Last edited by Werner P. Schulz; 03-25-2016 at 04:31 PM.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

768GB RAM - Micron 32GB DDR4 RDIMM 24 Stick Server Pull PC4-3200
$1800.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$288.19

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99

Micron 8GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA ECC RDIMM RAM (MTA9ASF1G72PZ-3G2E2
$30.00

1x64GB Hynix HMAA8GL7MMR4N DDR4 PC4 2133P-LE0-11 4Rx4 ECC LRDIMM Server RAM
$320.00

Samsung 32GB DDR5-4800 ECC RDIMM 2Rx8 PC5-38400 Server RAM M321R4GA3BB6-CQK
$1099.99

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99