Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: can't find display controls, synaptic broken filter is broken.

Threaded View

  1. #1
    Senior Member otropogo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    109

    can't find display controls, synaptic broken filter is broken.

    Have done two flash installs of Knoppix 7.6.1, and run into a couple of problems.

    1. on one of my systems I run a laptop display and a wide external monitor. Windows 8.x has no problem automatically sizing both displays. But in Knoppix, the external monitor is only showing a portion of the desktop. I've looked all over, and haven't been able to find a tool to adjust the screen resolution or otherwise fit the desktop to the screen. the result is that I have to fish blindly for the start icon, and I can't see the bottom taskbar, and basically the desktop is chopped off on all sides.

    Is there I tool I haven't recognized that can help me with this?

    2. I tried to install UFRaw using synaptic, and it laboured for hours!, and finally presented me with the news that the attempt had failed, and that there were now two broken items that I had to find using the "broken filter." Unfortunately, the "broken filter" doesn't find anything, and so it seems synaptic itself is now broken.

    Is there a fix?

    I've run into other problems too, but two are probably already enough to get me branded as "troll" again.


    ----
    I've moved the posting from "News" to "General Support".
    wps
    Last edited by Werner P. Schulz; 04-01-2016 at 09:30 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD

$119.99



Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR

$95.20



Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB picture

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB

$149.99



NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER picture

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER

$1499.97



Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays picture

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays

$799.99



Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)

$1599.99



Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R picture

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R

$399.00



Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working picture

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working

$149.99



Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS

$578.08