-
Junior Member
registered user
Prob with ISP connexion in hd-install ver. 3.2 06-06-03?
I posted that I was not able to connect to the internet over a dialup line to my ISP with a hd install of Knoppix-3.2 060603 in the networking forum a few days ago. Since, I have continued to troubleshoot this prob, but a few minutes ago a respondent (in another forum) recommended I try running from the Live CD.
I write this to you from the same ver. running off the CD. It connects fine. When installed to the hard disk, though, it's broken, as my previous posts describe, so I decided to cross-post here, too, if I may.
I notice that /etc/resolv.conflict is now correctly filled in with the dynamic DNS my ISP provides; this is emphatically NOT SO in the hdinstall, where the orig /etc/resolv.conflict was empty, and no corrections in it would bring KPPP, wvdial or pon to connect.
Any hints on how I might fix the hd installed version? Copy which files to the hdinstall?
I quite like Knoppix and running from the hard disk is SO MUCH faster.
Similar Threads
-
By lestat730 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-01-2005, 10:32 PM
-
By Zerro in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-28-2004, 02:58 PM
-
By tomtool in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-03-2004, 09:45 AM
-
By roger_girardin in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-22-2004, 12:25 PM
-
By raypace in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-07-2003, 03:18 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A
$150.00

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh LC M0350 Desktop No Harddrive No Power Supply - Parts
$71.95

Lot of 64 Apple II IIe IIc 5.25” Floppy Disk Games Software Utilities Vintage
$39.00

Retro Vintage Apple M0110A Compact Wired Mechanical keyboard for Macintosh Plus
$64.95

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB - M0001A W/ Keyboard, 2 Mice, 800K HD, + More
$300.00

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95

Vintage Apple Design Keyboard Model M2980 Macintosh 1994 Untested
$28.49

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99