Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: How to backup my files without Permission / Ownership?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1

    How to backup my files without Permission / Ownership?

    Hi there. I have been running win 7 for many years without issues. Finally upgraded to Win 10. Things were fine for about a month, suddenly after a normal restart Windows 10 just stopped working. No Taskbar, Startmenu, Keyboard, Internet and most Win 10 Services not working. Biggest Issue is that I am sudenly not able to backup my very own files. I do not have permission anymore. I have tried many many ways in order to backup my files but I am not allowed to view, copy or move them. Not in Win 10 and not via Knoppix. How can I get my files back? I managed to move them to an external HD but as I just mentioned I cant view them, neither copy or move them any further. How can I get my files back? I am the Admin, I can see the files and the sizes but unable to play copy and use them. I tried gksudo nautilus, nothing works - I am stuck! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    Biggest Issue is that I am sudenly not able to backup my very own files..
    I managed to move them to an external HD but as I just mentioned I cant view them, neither copy or move them any further. How can I get my files back?
    I don't understand. You moved your "very own files" to "an external HD", but you cannot see them on the external HD? How do you know, "move" has been successfull?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$109.99



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed) picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)

$361.91



Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management picture

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management

$249.97



Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply picture

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply

$7299.99



Juniper Networks SSR120 Smart Router picture

Juniper Networks SSR120 Smart Router

$500.00



Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic picture

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic

$79.86



Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact  Switch picture

Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact Switch

$179.99



Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45 picture

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45

$59.99



Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch picture

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch

$245.00