Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Rescue knoppix-data partition

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    4

    Rescue knoppix-data partition

    Hello, I'm a happy user of Knoppix 7.6.0

    Today , trying to repair a USB drive I deleted the knoppix -data partition (qparted) of my usb where I have some data.

    I have not formatted the partition so maybe the data is recoverable .It's possible ? As I can do ?

    Thanks and greetings,

    Reimon

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Sure, if the drive has not been reformatted or otherwise written to, the old data might be recoverable.

    While there may be ways to do this in Knoppix, I'm more comfortable with Windows recovery software. i would suggest that you look at the free Windows program Recuva and see if that can't recover your files.
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    4
    Hello !!!

    I copied the partition table from another Knoppix usb with same size and I have obtained, with PhotoRec, 2 gpg files, 1 ddf file and 1 jsp file.

    With these files and knowing the key that I use when I create the Knoppix data volume, I can rescue my files ?

    Thanks,

    Reimon

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    4
    Thanks Harry.

    I tried it with TestDisk, Photorec and Recuva but it seems they do not 'see' the deleted Knoppix-data partition.

    I do not know if I can create a new Knoppix USB and copy the partition table can work or maybe there is a better solution.

    Thanks for your suggestions,

    Reimon

    I tried it with

  5. #5
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Germany/ Dietzenbach
    Posts
    1,124
    If testdisk didn't show you some of the content within the data partition of Knoppix, there may be a total loss. Rebuild of the partition table cannot restore anything of the content.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    4
    Thanks Werner.

    Luckily I have backup I have only lost a few files.

    Greetings,

    Reimon

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New picture

Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New

$200.00



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US picture

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US

$17.00



Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD  Module  10-2945-02  NEW CLAMSHELL picture

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL

$45.50



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50