-
Freezing on Acer Aspire
Dear all
I've got a 2015 Acer Aspire E 15 Start with a Celeron Quad Core processor and 2GB DDR3 L Memory.
Running Knoppix 7.6 on dvd, the computer freezed twice this morning. Both times I was browsing. The first time I only had chromium browser (three tabs) and one terminal open; the second time I only had Firefox open with two tabs.
More memory will probably make this less likely. Yet I feel this should not happen. Any other advice or comments?
By the way, I find Knoppix extremely useful as it requires much less fine-tuning than Debian to work on my laptop; more recently Debian started giving problems, often not even booting.
Agulhas
-
Did you ever test the RAM with memtest86 for some hours?
→ http://knoppix.net/wiki/Cheat_Codes#Memory_problems
-
I did for five hours, and it still said no errors found.
-
I've just done the memtest86 for 5 hours. It says there are no errors and press escape to exit.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Is it a Celeron J1900 processor? They have problem with 4.x kernels.
https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=109051
You can try appending
max_cstate=1
to your cheatcodes.
-
It is a Celeron N2930. I've tried this cheatcode anyway, but it doesn't solve the problem. It's still easy to make the laptop freeze: just install a debian package, in my case "axiom", and try to open up chromium browser.

Originally Posted by
rusty;r133648
-
It's a Celeron N2930. Unfortunately the cheatcode doesn't work either. It's still easy to freeze the Acer: just install a Debian package into the memory (in my case "axiom") and then try to open up a browser.

Originally Posted by
rusty
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid
$139.99

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Gold 6130 2.10GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$374.48

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11
$149.00