Did you ever test the RAM with memtest86 for some hours?
→ http://knoppix.net/wiki/Cheat_Codes#Memory_problems
Dear all
I've got a 2015 Acer Aspire E 15 Start with a Celeron Quad Core processor and 2GB DDR3 L Memory.
Running Knoppix 7.6 on dvd, the computer freezed twice this morning. Both times I was browsing. The first time I only had chromium browser (three tabs) and one terminal open; the second time I only had Firefox open with two tabs.
More memory will probably make this less likely. Yet I feel this should not happen. Any other advice or comments?
By the way, I find Knoppix extremely useful as it requires much less fine-tuning than Debian to work on my laptop; more recently Debian started giving problems, often not even booting.
Agulhas
Did you ever test the RAM with memtest86 for some hours?
→ http://knoppix.net/wiki/Cheat_Codes#Memory_problems
I've just done the memtest86 for 5 hours. It says there are no errors and press escape to exit.
I did for five hours, and it still said no errors found.
Is it a Celeron J1900 processor? They have problem with 4.x kernels.
https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=109051
You can try appending
max_cstate=1
to your cheatcodes.
It is a Celeron N2930. I've tried this cheatcode anyway, but it doesn't solve the problem. It's still easy to make the laptop freeze: just install a debian package, in my case "axiom", and try to open up chromium browser.
Originally Posted by rusty;r133648

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Lot Of 8 Micron 8GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-RE2-11 ECC REG Server Ram MTA18ASF1G72PDZ-2G6
$210.00
LOT OF 2 Micron 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-EE1-11 P/N: MTA18ASF2G72AZ-2G6D1ZG
$199.95
Micron MTA18ASF2G72XF1Z-2G9WP1ABVGD 16GB 1Rx4 NN4-2933Y DDR4 ECC NVDIMM
$74.50
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
SK Hynix 32GB Server Memory 2Rx4 PC4-2400T-R81-11 HMA84GR7MFR4N-UH Server RAM
$169.99
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
Lot of 8 A2ZEON 8GB DDR4-2133 RDIMM ECC 1Rx4 Server Memory RD4R8G44S2133
$529.99
LOT OF 4 Samsung 16GB DDR4-2666 ECC UDIMM 2Rx8 PC4-21300 M391A2K43BB1-CTDQ
$469.95
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98