Ive also just tested the force boot of 64bit knoppix, I changed the kernel command from booting vmlinuz to vmlinuz-4-4-0-64 Now when give the arch command I get x86_64 rather than i686 Yet once again when I attempt to install Chrome I get the error processing package amd64 does not match system 1386
I am quite aware that the Chrome 48 is outdated and the specified filename is for 32-bit system as both points have been mentioned in my original post. Besides, from my limited on-line search, it is most unlikely that Chrome (not Chromium) v50 and above for 32-bit Linux can be found on the net. It is also not doable to run Windows 32-bit Chrome via Wine and is too expensive to use the approach of virtual machine just to run this single software.
"'and is too expensive to use the approach of virtual machine just to run ..."
I'm not saying that you should run a virtual machine. But in what way is it more expensive to do so? There are free options available. And since you are already committed to running a 64 bit version of the browser, i assume that you're not talking about any need to upgrade hardware for this. Please explain the "too expensive" comment.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
This is seeming more and more evident that Knoppix will not run the latest version of Google Chrome.
I agree. It has become evident that the original poster needs to re assess their goals. Which is more important, using Knoppix or Chrome. Since Chrome on Knoppix doesn't appear to be a viable option it has become clear that the only viable option is to switch to a different distro that does he can run Chrome on. The more time he wastes bashing his head against the wall trying to make something that simply isn't going to happen work his time would be better spent on setting up a distro that will run Chrome.

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts
$59.99
Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00
Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99
Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$109.99
DEC Digital DECmate III PC238 PDP-8 6120 RX50 Dual Floppy Vintage Computer
$649.95
Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95
Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99
Vintage Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) DECserver 200/MC Terminal Server
$79.95
Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99
Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99