-
Junior Member
registered user
Knoppix 5.3.1 Remaster
I know this relates to an old version of Knoppix, but after remastering the os and upgrading the kernel to 2.6.31.6 (and compiling aufs as part of that) i'm not able to remount the /ramdisk branch as read-only upon boot. Or after in init 2. If anyone can advise on this, it'd be much appreciated.
When running the script below:
/usr/sbin/knoppix-image /mnt/sda1/knoppix.img
The following line is failing:
mount -o remount,noplink,prepend:/KNOPPIX.IMG=rw,mod:/ramdisk=ro /UNIONFS
The following line succeeds fine:
mount -o remount,noplink,prepend:/KNOPPIX.IMG=rw,mod:/ramdisk=rw /UNIONFS
I get mount: /UNIONFS is busy error.
I've deleted whiteout files on /ramdisk beforehand with:
find /ramdisk -iname .wh.\*.plnk -exec rm -Rfv {} \;
I've run fuser -m -v /ramdisk and used the -k option to kill processes off.
I've also run lsof /ramdisk and killed associated processes.
Distilling the command down to the following fails:
mount -t tmpfs -o remount,ro /ramdisk /ramdisk
The following command succeeds:
mount -t tmpfs -o remount,rw /ramdisk /ramdisk
In /etc/mtab /ramdisk has mode 755 0 0.
If you can help please advise.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$71.49

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

MSI - B550M PRO-VDH WIFI (Socket AM4) AMD B550 MATX DDR4 Wi-Fi 6 Motherboard ...
$89.99

Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H Motherboard
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z890-P WIFI Z890 LGA 1851 ATX motherboard, Intel® Core™ Ultra Series
$235.99