-
Trident Sound Error
The Knoppix 3.2-2003-06-06-EN CD properly detected my trident onboard sound in my Desknote A901 notebook but it emitted a high pitched squeel out of the right speaker that sounded something like a fan in the computer going nuts. The trident, ac97_codec, and soundcore modules were loaded and I couldn't find anything that would be causing the problem. Did the hard drive install and the problem went away (thankfully) even though it is using the same modules. Oddly enough the squeel responded to mixer settings and all other sounds played fine with the addition of the squeeling. Here is the output from lspci -vv:
Code:
00:01.4 Multimedia audio controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] SiS PCI Audio Accelerator (rev 02)
Subsystem: Alpha-Top Corp: Unknown device b901
Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-
Status: Cap+ 66Mhz- UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
Latency: 32 (500ns min, 6000ns max)
Interrupt: pin B routed to IRQ 10
Region 0: I/O ports at dc00 [size=256]
Region 1: Memory at dfff0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
Capabilities: [dc] Power Management version 2
Flags: PMEClk- DSI+ D1+ D2+ AuxCurrent=55mA PME(D0-,D1-,D2+,D3hot+,D3cold+)
Status: D0 PME-Enable- DSel=0 DScale=0 PME-
Anybody else run into something similar? Is this a bug I should report somewhere?
-
Senior Member
registered user
I've never run into that, good to hear you got it going though. I don't know if you would consider that a bug or not but you can report it in the Bugzilla if you wish.
-
Bug Report
Thanks Sfefan. I reported it but there wasn't anything I could add. Here's the link to it just in case.
Similar Threads
-
By Lincthra in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-01-2005, 10:09 AM
-
By MorskNorsk in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-16-2004, 12:23 PM
-
By fingers99 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-17-2003, 05:08 AM
-
By Kapz in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-05-2003, 05:22 AM
-
By jlnunez in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-07-2003, 05:00 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

ASRock b560 ATX Motherboard + Intel Core i5-11600K CPU Combo Gaming + 32 GB DDR4
$300.00

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core I7-7700 SR338 3.60 Ghz Processor
$39.99

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95

AMD - Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core - 16-Thread 3.4 GHz (4.5 GHz Max Boost) w/ Ice Pad
$355.99

Intel 6th Gen Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Turbo 4.2GHz) 4-Core LGA1151 CPU SR2L0
$38.00