The problem with hd instalation in knoppix is that it uses diifferent sources and if you want to update/upgrade your system or apply security patches you will be in trouble and your knoppix will be a disaster. That's why I told you to install another gnu/linux operative system in hd. It's very easy. Ubuntu for example can be downloaded and use it as a live cd with the option to install directly in your computer, even if you already have windows in it, it's automatic, easy and your gnu/linux will be always updated/upgraded. If your computer is not a new model or you have few ram memory then download xubuntu, I normally use it and it's great. I only use knoppix in a read-only pendrive (it has a switch to change to read-only or not), with "knoppix forensic" option to avoid writing in other pendrives or hds in my computer and to avoid malware in every boot.