-
skylake system does not boot
hi.
I bought a new system recently. "ASUS H110m-C + Intel G4400". I installed WINDOWS 7 64bit, when booted then the windows could not detect usb storage devices. the system does not have optical drive, so I could not install drivers by driver DVD and by copying drivers to usb drive neither . I decided to boot KNOPPIX V7.6.1 DVD, by making a knoppix usb from the ISO with "RUFUS".The system boots the usb and "KNOPPIX" initialized, but the time when display resolution changes a blank black screen comes up and the system locks on it. When I boot my old intel based laptop everything go ok and "knoppix" boots normally.
so whats the problem?
I think that new "skylake" have problem with old software like "windows 7" and "Linux". Am I right?
any response would be appreciated?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Hi!
I have got an ASUS Z97-P mainboard with i5-4690 CPU. When I try to boot Knoppix 7.6.1 in UEFI mode I have no success. But when I use BIOS compatibility mode the Knoppix DVD boots as expected.
I think you should look inside your setup and search for a way to enable BIOS compatibility mode.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Windows Server 2025 Datacenter-New Sealed DVD and Product Key - 24 Core 50 Cals
$79.99

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$89.95

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell PowerEdge R640 8xSFF Server Barebone 2 x Heat Sink w / 2x 1100W PSU
$315.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$49.99

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00