Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: skylake system does not boot

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    4

    skylake system does not boot

    hi.
    I bought a new system recently. "ASUS H110m-C + Intel G4400". I installed WINDOWS 7 64bit, when booted then the windows could not detect usb storage devices. the system does not have optical drive, so I could not install drivers by driver DVD and by copying drivers to usb drive neither . I decided to boot KNOPPIX V7.6.1 DVD, by making a knoppix usb from the ISO with "RUFUS".The system boots the usb and "KNOPPIX" initialized, but the time when display resolution changes a blank black screen comes up and the system locks on it. When I boot my old intel based laptop everything go ok and "knoppix" boots normally.
    so whats the problem?
    I think that new "skylake" have problem with old software like "windows 7" and "Linux". Am I right?
    any response would be appreciated?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    512
    Hi!

    I have got an ASUS Z97-P mainboard with i5-4690 CPU. When I try to boot Knoppix 7.6.1 in UEFI mode I have no success. But when I use BIOS compatibility mode the Knoppix DVD boots as expected.

    I think you should look inside your setup and search for a way to enable BIOS compatibility mode.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$334.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo ThinkPad X390 Yoga Laptop i5 8365U 1.6GHz 16GB RAM 256GB SSD W11P Touch picture

Lenovo ThinkPad X390 Yoga Laptop i5 8365U 1.6GHz 16GB RAM 256GB SSD W11P Touch

$179.99



Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11

$374.99



Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070

$1469.00



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD

$219.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$398.99



Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...

$679.99



Lenovo ThinkPad X13 Gen 3 13.3” FHD Laptop Intel i5 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad X13 Gen 3 13.3” FHD Laptop Intel i5 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11

$299.85



Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14” Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14s Laptop 14” Laptop Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$249.99