-
Knoppix 7.6 and Oracle VirtualBox
I have been a long term user of Knoppix and generally been happy with it 'out the box'
But I am at a loss on how to get Virtualbox working on Knoppix 7.6 so have been stuck using 7.0 which seems to be the last release with a working version of VirtualBox.
I have spend hours googling the problem and think that I am now pretty close - but no cigar.
After a reboot I get the familiar driver missmatch messages- but this is wha I have done on a clean install of KNoppix 7.6 32 bit.
Add the following line to /etc/apt/sources.list:
deb http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian wheezy contrib (stretch did not seem to work)
sudo apt-get remove virtualbox*
wget -q https://www.virtualbox.org/download/..._vbox_2016.asc -O- | sudo apt-key add -
wget -q https://www.virtualbox.org/download/oracle_vbox.asc -O- | sudo apt-key add -
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install virtualbox-5.1
sudo apt-get install dkms
And I get this error message when I try and run an environment:
RTR3InitEx failed with rc=-1912 (rc=-1912)
The VirtualBox kernel modules do not match this version of VirtualBox. The installation of VirtualBox was apparently not successful. Executing
'/sbin/vboxconfig'
may correct this. Make sure that you do not mix the OSE version and the PUEL version of VirtualBox.
where: supR3HardenedMainInitRuntime what: 4 VERR_VM_DRIVER_VERSION_MISMATCH (-1912) - The installed support driver doesn't match the version of the user.
If I run this command its a little hit or miss if it works - but I end up back in the same state following a reboot.
Does anyone have a working set of installation instructions?
Regards
John
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95