It could be helpful that you describe the errors you got.
Btw, since Knoppix 7.6.1 the Linux headers seem to be broken. You cannot install your own kernel modules.
I have been using Knoppix for many years on and off and I'm a big fan of it. I just downloaded Knoppix 7.7.1 and created a USB stick from it (used the option that saves all changes).
Now, I'd like to get ZFS running on it. Unfortunately, the instructions on https://github.com/zfsonlinux/zfs/wiki/Debian throw errors at the step "apt-get install -t jessie-backports zfs-dkms". Did anybody get ZFS to work on Knoppix and can share steps or at least provide some tips?
Thanks!
It could be helpful that you describe the errors you got.
Btw, since Knoppix 7.6.1 the Linux headers seem to be broken. You cannot install your own kernel modules.
Your ZFS pool is tied to the software/kernel used to create that pol.
With caveats, it is said to work e.g. in Ubuntu 16 and in Arch (in Arch, only available in unsupported unofficial packages).
Besides, Knoppix is not "pure Debian" and it is doubtful you can access ZFS with Knoppix.
My 2 cents.

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99
Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99
Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99
HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5"x2 Server Blade SEE NOTES
$21.08
Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76
Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Enclosure Chassis
$274.99
Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08
AS IS READ DESCRIP. Supermicro SuperServer 6026TT-HIBQRF 12-Bay 4x X8DTT-HIBQF
$215.00