Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Knoppix 2 Harddrive or Debian 3.0 r1?

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    10

    Knoppix 2 Harddrive or Debian 3.0 r1?

    I have decided to install Linux on my new system, thanx to Knoppix .

    Question is, I have read somewhere that installing the O.S. off of the Knoppix C.D. to your harddrive is unstable errr something... So should I just download and install the latest Debian?

    Oh and if installing from Knoppix is not a problem, then how would I go about doing that?

    Thanks to all of the helpful people on this board

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Piraeus / Hellas
    Posts
    121
    Dear Isaacav2,
    I suggesting you to install the latest possible version of Knoppix 3.2 (till now is 06/06/2003).
    The installation progress is very easy I think, just open a console from KDE desktop (or press Ctrl + Alt +F2 at the same time to access a real console), type sudo and press enter key, type knx-hdinstall and press enter key then just follow the on screen instructions. Be very carefull not to delete or defect any existing OS partition or installation settings...

    If you have other or unanswered questions please let me know and I will try to help you (I am newbie too!!!)

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: Knoppix 2 Harddrive or Debian 3.0 r1?

    Quote Originally Posted by Isaacav2
    I have decided to install Linux on my new system, thanx to Knoppix .

    Question is, I have read somewhere that installing the O.S. off of the Knoppix C.D. to your harddrive is unstable errr something... So should I just download and install the latest Debian?

    Thanks to all of the helpful people on this board
    You would be using the testing/unstable sources which are used for the CD. Do not let the "unstable" scare you Debian unstable or SID (still in developement) is far more stable than most operating systems that claim to be stable. I personally have been using it for months with few problems mostly just annoyances with the systems setup.
    Oh and if installing from Knoppix is not a problem, then how would I go about doing that?
    See the here.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-03-2005, 10:42 AM
  2. knoppix-installer not detecting my harddrive?
    By darkwid in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-11-2004, 10:30 PM
  3. how do i install knoppix from the cd to a NTFS harddrive
    By michaelmay in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-22-2004, 10:22 PM
  4. HOWTO fix debian or knoppix/debian for Russian fonts
    By datakid in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-07-2003, 07:46 AM
  5. Installing Knoppix to USB-harddrive
    By ppanula in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-13-2003, 11:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung JC95-01514A Cover-Side Roller T2 Compatible picture

Samsung JC95-01514A Cover-Side Roller T2 Compatible

$39.00



Samsung Galaxy S10 10.9

Samsung Galaxy S10 10.9" FE 128GB WiFi Tablet SM-X520NZACXAR S-Pen Keyboard 2025

$299.00



Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Digitizer 100% Original Oem picture

Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Digitizer 100% Original Oem

$152.99



Samsung - Galaxy Tab A11+ - 11

Samsung - Galaxy Tab A11+ - 11" 128GB - Wi-Fi - Gray - Brand new

$235.59



Samsung JC93-01078A Transfer Roller T2 picture

Samsung JC93-01078A Transfer Roller T2

$89.00



Samsung DVI to DVI Cable 6 ft Digital Video Interface Audio Video NEW picture

Samsung DVI to DVI Cable 6 ft Digital Video Interface Audio Video NEW

$30.89



Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc picture

Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc

$27.99



Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills) picture

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)

$57.99



Samsung 24

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping

$55.00



Samsung Chomrebook XE350XBA-K02US LCD Screen FHD Display 15.6

Samsung Chomrebook XE350XBA-K02US LCD Screen FHD Display 15.6" XE350XBA-K03US

$51.77