this is what I mean:
https://hsymbolicus.files.wordpress....0_10-52-30.png
notice the nm-applet on the lower right corner
On knoppix 7.7.1
Chromium Version 53.0.2785.113 Built on 8.5, running on Debian stretch/sid
What does this message mean?
I very much doubt amazon (a shopping site) is not following standards when it comes to their selling applications
lbrtchx
this is what I mean:
https://hsymbolicus.files.wordpress....0_10-52-30.png
notice the nm-applet on the lower right corner
Your connection (to amazon.com) is not private ...
https://hsymbolicus.files.wordpress....2_amazon00.png
Nothig new there. It has nothig to do with Knoppix.
Chromium.
Upgrade it to version 55.0.2883.75 via Synaptic (after reloadig) or apt . See it here:
https://packages.debian.org/sid/i386/chromium/download
Last edited by philo; 12-12-2016 at 02:30 PM.
Yes, and in a sense it did have to do with knoppix (I run it from the DVD). They explained to me
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium...tail?id=664177
Probably for the next version of knoppix coming soon you want to upgrade the browsers
thanks
I have been finding other sites the current 7.7.1 (as with amazon.com) is not displaying and then they are displayed with a totally corrupted rendering, try: https://www.wunderground.com/

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$39.99
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99
TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25
Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99
NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99
TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened
$195.00