-

Originally Posted by
philo
The 'lspci -v' command is run in a terminal. It will list your processors, nothing else.
When you run GParted (from Menu > Preferences), do you see your hard drive partitions? If yes, what is the Information provided by GParted when you right-click on each of them?
Thanks for your help philo. In fact I think your question may have made the penny drop.
I can see the partitions just fine using GParted. There are 3 plus an "unallocated" residue of 1.34MB.
2 show as ntfs ( "SYSTEM_DRV" ( /dev/sda1 ) and "Lenovo_Recovery" (/dev/sda3 ) )
The other, /dev/sda2, has file system "unknown". This is 281GB and is surely the old C: that I disk-encrypted using Truecrypt. (And whose password I forgot :O )
But I see when I right-click on any partition that amongst other options I can "Reformat to" any one of a long list of formats.
Presumably I can just do that to the old 281GB Truecrypt partition and Reformat to (say) ext4, and then install a Linux system like ubuntu onto that partition?
Many thanks again for your help.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49

ASRock AMD BC-250 16GB 128GB SSD Used
$220.00

ASRock Z370 Pro4 LGA 1151 Z370 HDMI USB 3.1 2 Ultra M.2 DDR4 ATX Motherboard
$75.00

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99