$ sudo wireshark &
[1] 28262
$ sudo: wireshark: command not found
[1]+ Exit 1 sudo wireshark
$ which wireshark
$ uname -a
Linux Microknoppix 4.7.9-64 #19 SMP PREEMPT Sat Oct 22 02:39:01 CEST 2016 x86_64 GNU/Linux
$ sudo wireshark &
[1] 28262
$ sudo: wireshark: command not found
[1]+ Exit 1 sudo wireshark
$ which wireshark
$ uname -a
Linux Microknoppix 4.7.9-64 #19 SMP PREEMPT Sat Oct 22 02:39:01 CEST 2016 x86_64 GNU/Linux
What is confusing to me is that I also get:
$ dpkg -l | grep wireshark
ii libwireshark-data 2.2.0+g5368c50-1 all network packet dissection library -- data files
ii libwireshark8:i386 2.2.0+g5368c50-1 i386 network packet dissection library -- shared library
ii wireshark 2.2.0+g5368c50-1 i386 network traffic analyzer - meta-package
ii wireshark-common 2.2.0+g5368c50-1 i386 network traffic analyzer - common files
ii wireshark-gtk 2.2.0+g5368c50-1 i386 network traffic analyzer - GTK+ version
Run:
Code:wireshark-gtk -h
Useful information here:
https://wiki.wireshark.org/CaptureSe...lation_methods
and here:
http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/col...an?view=markup
Running:
may work but with warnings that it is dangerous.Code:sudo wireshark-gtk
Recomendations:
Live DVD with Wireshark: Kali Linux
Installed Linux with Wireshartk available: Debian
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Well, to quote philo: " may work but with warnings that it is dangerous. "
I thought that the OP was simply looking for a live DVD with Wireshark and made a suggestion. Wireshark is there and given the nature of Kali Linux, Wireshark is unlikely to vanish from it any time soon. When I'm working with a Live DVD I generally am looking to get something done as simply as I can and don't like to have to remember magic prayers to the Linux gods to get things started. I also don't like warnings, at least one reason for that is that I don't think that I know Linux well enough to determine if I can safely ignore the warnings.
Alternately, if the OP is trying to work with an installed system, then I recommend a pure system built from one distro, not the Knoppix approach of hacking different systems together.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
running wireshark . . .
_USR=$(whoami)
echo "// __ \$_USR: ${_USR}"
sudo chgrp "${_USR}" /usr/bin/dumpcap
sudo setcap cap_net_raw,cap_net_admin+eip /usr/bin/dumpcap
_LOG=$(date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S)"_wireshark-gtk.log"
wireshark-gtk -i eth0 -w "${_LOG}" 2>&1

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$49.99
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK
$169.95
Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99
Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99