Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: wireshark not part of knoppix anymore?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Recomendations:
    Live DVD with Wireshark: Kali Linux
    Installed Linux with Wireshartk available: Debian
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Kuhman View Post
    Recomendations:
    Live DVD with Wireshark: Kali Linux
    Installed Linux with Wireshartk available: Debian
    What's wrong with Knoppix?

  3. #3
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Quote Originally Posted by philo View Post
    What's wrong with Knoppix?
    Well, to quote philo: " may work but with warnings that it is dangerous. "

    I thought that the OP was simply looking for a live DVD with Wireshark and made a suggestion. Wireshark is there and given the nature of Kali Linux, Wireshark is unlikely to vanish from it any time soon. When I'm working with a Live DVD I generally am looking to get something done as simply as I can and don't like to have to remember magic prayers to the Linux gods to get things started. I also don't like warnings, at least one reason for that is that I don't think that I know Linux well enough to determine if I can safely ignore the warnings.

    Alternately, if the OP is trying to work with an installed system, then I recommend a pure system built from one distro, not the Knoppix approach of hacking different systems together.
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$102.99



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive

$39.99



Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot picture

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot

$79.99



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.80



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health picture

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health

$24.00



Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD

$23.00



SSD 2.5

SSD 2.5" SATA Hard Drive for Laptop Desktop Windows 10 pro 64 Pro Pre-installed

$42.00