Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: INTERNET CONNECTION DURING REMASTERING

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    16

    INTERNET CONNECTION DURING REMASTERING

    I am now at a point where I noticed I have to connect to the internet in order to download some applications and other stuff. I am on a LAN and I don't know how to connect to the internet. If anyonw has any ideas on how to solve this problem, drop me a line. Am already chroot as root user and installing/unintalling programs.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Royal Oak, Michigan USA
    Posts
    199

    Re: INTERNET CONNECTION DURING REMASTERING

    Quote Originally Posted by papasi
    I am on a LAN and I don't know how to connect to the internet.
    Have you tried netcardconfig from a shell? That worked for me.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    1

    Re: INTERNET CONNECTION DURING REMASTERING

    Quote Originally Posted by papasi
    I am now at a point where I noticed I have to connect to the internet in order to download some applications and other stuff. I am on a LAN and I don't know how to connect to the internet. If anyonw has any ideas on how to solve this problem, drop me a line. Am already chroot as root user and installing/unintalling programs.

    If you are behind a proxy, try to :
    export http_proxy=http://adress_of_the_proxyort_num

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    16
    I finally figured out how to do it, the problem was that knoppix could not recognise my ethernet card driver, so I had to manually load it. this is what I did:

    #modprobe 3c509
    #pump
    yiiiiihaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!

Similar Threads

  1. no internet connection (ethernet) with 3.8/3.9
    By babelbrennt in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-14-2005, 05:09 PM
  2. internet connection is essential for remastering?
    By randika in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-28-2005, 06:13 AM
  3. USB Internet Connection
    By Josh in forum Networking
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-24-2005, 05:17 AM
  4. Internet Connection.
    By Sance in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-06-2004, 10:27 PM
  5. Can't setup internet connection - Please help!
    By LinuxGozer in forum Networking
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-20-2004, 05:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$269.10



Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB picture

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB

$385.00



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.47



LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s picture

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s

$39.80



Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick picture

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick

$218.79



SAMSUNG FIT PLUS 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - fully working & authentic picture

SAMSUNG FIT PLUS 128GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive - fully working & authentic

$24.95



Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive picture

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive

$35.00