-
USB with data partition
Hi, Using Knoppix 6.6 from Linux magazine. I made a usb stick using the tool on the dvd. It boots okay and I can write things into the data partition from my DebMint machine.Issue 1chmod fails to do anything, right click a file properties/permissions fails to change permissions. I had to put the usb stick into my DebMint to do the job, w, r and x that is and x did run the program.Issue 2Reboot the usb Knoppix and with the r, w and x permissions set, r and w were okay but I could not run my program? sudo etc failed to help. Any hints please on running a program in the data partition? Regards Ian.
-
Never heard of version 6.6. It would have been born back in 2011!
-
You are right I should have said Knoppix 7.6 live free dvd from linux mag. Sorry about that. Ian.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI
$289.99

MSI B460M-A Pro DDR4 LGA 1200 Micro ATX Motherboard 10th Gen
$59.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$81.99

ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU
$45.00

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99