-
Folders or Partitions becoming Read_Only by themselves Kn7.4.2 !!
Knop_7.4.2 Folders or Partitions becoming Read_Only by themselves
Hi
Does someone explains why and how some folders or partitions occur
to become "Read_Only" BY THEMSELVES ?
1- Once this happened after a libreOffice error.
I had to save all documents and initialize the partition (ReiserFS).
2- Recently one folder (only one I remarked!) became "Read_Only".
Impossible to make it "Writable" again BY ANY MEANS!
So I tried, using GParted,to "shorten one ReiserPartition" and "enlarge"
another one ReiserPartition.
These operations took so much time that I had to interrupt them.
Intrigated by this strange behaviour I looked again integrity of the disk.
Surprisingly "The bad Folder had gone out" leaving ALL GOOD on the disk.!
3- This could be an "empiric method" (with some high risks naturally)... when
no hope (after backup eventually).
Thanks
knp
-
BIS and TER REPAETITA...!
Problem almost solved...?
1- Knop7.2 was concerned in place of 7.4.2. But this is not essential.
Always I boot from iso file.
2- FileSystem concerned (and corrected also by GParted):
2a- NTfs..PRESENT. Ah! NTfs...not recommended for current usage b
but occasionnally only. Despite I avoid WRITING.
This is well known
"CHKDSK / f" recommended as always (twice).
Before GParted if possible.
2b- "A 2nd ReiserFS Partition" for knoppix installed on an USB_HDD.
This makes folders rigths access too strong when saving files.
To avoid such my problems it is worthwhile:
---2b1 to save files AND change ALL Rights to the LEAST way...Or
---2b2 to save files first on the associated "Fat Knoppix.img" which
allows AUTOMATICALLY the least RIGTHS. This avoid forgetting
in 2b1).
Naturally these methods break some security problem.
But Mr K.KNOPPER doing this automatically on the "knoppix.img" (boot-iso)
I may suppose it is not a great danger....Perhaps Viruses?
Thanks for all eventual remarks and advertisings
knp
Last edited by knp; 03-06-2017 at 07:56 PM.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$400.00

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$399.00

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99

AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3945WX 12-Core 4.0GHz sWRX8 CPU NEW Tray Unlocked
$79.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused
$395.95

MSI GF63 15.6" i5-10500H 2.50GHz 8GB RAM GTX 1650 Max-Q Laptop
$250.00

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99