Find this at: http://www.cebit.de/sprecher/klaus-knopper/1786
Find this at: http://www.cebit.de/sprecher/klaus-knopper/1786
Last edited by utu; 02-25-2017 at 09:58 PM.
.
I'm using Firefox 49 with Google Translator for Firefox, and the bookmark for this is at:
http://translate.google.com/translat...%2FEinfuehrung
.
I'm using Firefox 49 with Google Translator for Firefox, and the bookmark for this is at:
(page 2 seems to refer to earlier similar material)
http://translate.google.com/translat...%2FEinfuehrung
Hello,
Does anyone know how / where to buy the Knoppix 8.0 DVD in the USA ?
It looks like that it is only available for purchase to those with a german address.
If not is someone willing to be kind enough to buy the Linux Magazin german edition
(I can reimburse via paypal), rip the DVD and make it electronically available to me ?
Thanks,
Gilles
Hi!
It should be possible to buy the magazine http://shop.computec.de/linux/linux-...d-04-2017.html at the ComputecShop, but you must contact their customer support https://shop.computec.de/kundenservi...ction/contact/ in order to get information about shipping costs.
I hope this helps.
.
A more informative description of Knoppix 8.0 may be found at:
https://www.golem.de/news/live-linux...03-126811.html
This site is in German, but Google Translator for Firefox does a mostly-coherent English translation of this, IMO.
I expect the April 2017 issue of the US Linux Magazine to include an English-language copy of the 2017 CeBIT Knoppix 8.0 DVD.
I bought my US copy of the April 2016 Linux Magazine, containing last year's Knoppix 7.7 DVD on April 2, 2016 at Barnes & Noble.
3/27/2017 update:
US version of Linux Magazin is called Linux Pro Magazine.
April Linux Pro ads in 2014, 2015 and 2016 contained CeBIT/DELUG versions of Knoppix 7.3, 7.5 and 7.7 respectively.
'Current issue 197' ads for April 2017 Linux Pro don't show Knoppix 8.0 as I hoped & anticipated.
Last edited by utu; 03-27-2017 at 03:44 PM.
I have 7.7.1 running well, thanks. Is there someplace we can download 8.0 now? Its been almost a month since the announcement.
If the release history is a reliable guide, the first official release of version 8 will only take place in several months.
Time to start again , blew up my trusty 7.7 flash disk, very disappointed I cant find an 8.0.0 image anywhere on the net. unusal since its impossible to find this magazine in Australia.
I cant read german anyways , surely the iso must be out there somewhere as its been referred to on the knoppix home page for ages !!
flash-knoppix like this: flash-knoppix KNOPPIX_V8.0.0DVD-2017-03-01-EN.iso
any help please ?

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99
Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB,Internal,7200 RPM,3.5 inch Hard Drive
$29.90
Seagate 14TB Exos X14 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 256MB 3.5" Enterprise HDD ST14000NM0408
$354.99
New Western Digital WD40EFPX 68C6CN0 4TB 3.5" SATA III Internal NAS Red Plus HDD
$137.59
Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99
Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99
Hitachi / HGST Travelstar HTS541010B7E610 1TB 2.5" SATA III HDD
$29.99
Dell 2.4TB 10K SAS 2.5" F9NWJ 12Gbps HDD AL15SEB24EQY Hard Drive w/ Caddy
$324.99
HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99
HGST HUS724020ALA640 2TB SATA 6Gb/s 3.5 HDD P/N: 0F14690
$55.00