-
Why does my laptop get very hot when using live Knoppix DVD?
Summary:
I want to use the live knoppix DVD (KNOPPIX_V7.0.2DVD-2012-05-30-EN.iso) to
do a virus check on my laptop and then to do some repartitioning.
After booting the live DVD, at the moment I'm just leaving the laptop sat doing
nothing, while I work on another computer. But after half an hour to an hour,
the laptop gets disturbingly hot to the touch near the fan underneath (see Full
Details below for exact location). It feels about 50 or 60 degrees C to the
touch.
My question:
Is there a power-management program (or whatever) that isn't running on the DVD,
but should be? What can I do to stop the laptop overheating?
On this same laptop, I also have the live DVD installed on the hard drive. And
when I use it from the hard drive, there is no overheating. The area near the
fan is then about 25 to 30 degrees C to the touch.
Full Details:
The problem is repeatable - every time I use the laptop booted from the live
DVD, the overheating occurs.
The fan is about 2 1/2 inches in from the left edge of the laptop, roughly under
number-key "3" on the keyboard (above the qwerty keys).
The hot area extends from the fan to the left edge of the laptop, and down
towards the front of the laptop by about 4 inches.
The laptop is an Acer Aspire 5755G.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Apple Computer cards VTG 670-8020-B 607-0103-C 607-0291-C AST -Orange Micro ++
$169.00

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00

Apple IIe Vintage Computer A2S2064 Powers On Apple II Untested For Parts/repair
$149.99

PowerBook Duo 210 vintage laptop
$140.00

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00

Vintage Apple PowerBook 15” G4 “Aluminum” (1.25GHz/2gb/150gb/Tiger) 2
$109.99

Vintage Apple Color RGB Color Monitor A2M6014. Used.
$199.99

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99