Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: How do I change the colour and font of the window Title bar in Knoppix?

  1. #1

    How do I change the colour and font of the window Title bar in Knoppix?

    I'm booting Knoppix 7.7.1 from a USB stick, and the Title bar on the selected
    window is rather indistinct. It's a sort of light grey clear-looking Title bar,
    containing text that has an outline appearance, the outline of which is a sort
    of pale white.

    My humble questions are:

    1. How can I change this to a more conventional blue Title bar, with white text?

    2. How can I view other Title bar colours and fonts that I can choose from, and
    how do I make the system use those?

    3. How do I make the changes persist over subsequent boots?

    Thanks.
    Last edited by winger9; 07-22-2017 at 08:37 PM. Reason: changed some wording

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    50
    I assume you have persistence enabled, otherwise you will lose what you change when you reboot, so make a small obvious change and reboot to see if it gets lost before spending much time customizing.

    Go to menu Preferences, then Customize Look and Feel, then select a Widget like Crux (or a different one you like better), Then select the tab Color, check Use customized color scheme, select to change whichever colors you want, then change the color, click Ok, and when done, click Apply, then click Close. Then menu Logout, Reboot.

  3. #3
    Thanks thriftee (#2). I do have persistence, and so tried your method.
    Unfortunately it doesn't change the Title bar appearance.

    I would be most grateful if there is anything else that you could suggest.

    I forgot to mention that the window manager is Metacity, and the desktop
    environment is LXDE.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Amiga Commodore A500  - Untested-For Parts or Repair - Vintage picture

Amiga Commodore A500 - Untested-For Parts or Repair - Vintage

$200.00



RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500 picture

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500

$50.00



Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ picture

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ

$329.00



(10) BOXED Games for Commodore Amiga 500 600 1000 1200 2000 3000(T) 4000(T) picture

(10) BOXED Games for Commodore Amiga 500 600 1000 1200 2000 3000(T) 4000(T)

$329.98



Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On picture

Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On

$100.00



Commodore Amiga 500 w/ 512K comes with manuals, turns on and boots from floppy picture

Commodore Amiga 500 w/ 512K comes with manuals, turns on and boots from floppy

$499.99



Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000 picture

Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000

$249.00



BlueSCSI v2 Internal 50-pin 3.5

BlueSCSI v2 Internal 50-pin 3.5" SCSI Drive ,Wi-Fi,For Macintosh, Amiga, PC

$52.99



Best FlickerFixer RGB2HDMI Amiga HDMI Games, non-RTG A2000CPLDSlot v2.2 picture

Best FlickerFixer RGB2HDMI Amiga HDMI Games, non-RTG A2000CPLDSlot v2.2

$75.00



Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller picture

Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller

$39.99