-
Senior Member
registered user
Replacing `pcmanfm→side pane→Right Clk→Eject Removable Media` with script
Sorry for being absent from the forum for so long.
I have an ancient pendrive that still works well, but is irresponsive to `pcmanfm→side pane→Right Clk→Eject Removable Media` . It has an LED lamp that keeps glowing even when "Eject..." is clicked.
I have had the solution for a long time. I had found it from elsewhere then also from here: Ask Ubuntu 447471
and here: Karl's Code
I first run :
Code:
for device in $(ls /sys/bus/usb/devices/*/product); do echo $device;cat $device;done
I identify the Mass Storage Device, then use the command:
Code:
echo 'x-y' | sudo tee /sys/bus/usb/drivers/usb/unbind
and the LED switches off, which is an evidence that the drive is powered off.
One could also have used:
Code:
dmesg | grep -e "Mass Storage"
then use the `unbind` code.
Is there a possibility of adding these two lines of codes as script in `pcmanfm→side pane→Right Clk→Eject Removable Media`?
I will also write to pcmanfm user-group for a solution and will post the responses, if any, here too. I still use Knoppix 7.2.0
Last edited by rajibando; 08-11-2017 at 08:27 AM.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

WARIS 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4-3200 PC4-25600 288-Pin UDIMM Desktop RAM H4737130
$119.99

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Samsung 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-3200AA 260-Pin RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE Module
$29.25

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$30.00

96GB (6x16GB) SK Hynix HMT42GR7MFR4C-PB DDR3 PC3-12800R 2Rx4 ECC REG Server RAM
$89.99

LOT OF 5 RAM STICKS-SAMSUNG/SK Hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-2133 (16GBX5=75GB TOTAL)
$345.00

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$85.00