i recently learned eject is a binary which is called by the filemanagers
you can even remove it
sudo apt-get -y --purge remove eject
maybe thereafter a script with the same name stored at the same place would work
Sorry for being absent from the forum for so long.
I have an ancient pendrive that still works well, but is irresponsive to `pcmanfm→side pane→Right Clk→Eject Removable Media` . It has an LED lamp that keeps glowing even when "Eject..." is clicked.
I have had the solution for a long time. I had found it from elsewhere then also from here: Ask Ubuntu 447471
and here: Karl's Code
I first run :I identify the Mass Storage Device, then use the command:Code:for device in $(ls /sys/bus/usb/devices/*/product); do echo $device;cat $device;doneand the LED switches off, which is an evidence that the drive is powered off.Code:echo 'x-y' | sudo tee /sys/bus/usb/drivers/usb/unbind
One could also have used:then use the `unbind` code.Code:dmesg | grep -e "Mass Storage"
Is there a possibility of adding these two lines of codes as script in `pcmanfm→side pane→Right Clk→Eject Removable Media`?
I will also write to pcmanfm user-group for a solution and will post the responses, if any, here too. I still use Knoppix 7.2.0
Last edited by rajibando; 08-11-2017 at 08:27 AM.
i recently learned eject is a binary which is called by the filemanagers
you can even remove it
sudo apt-get -y --purge remove eject
maybe thereafter a script with the same name stored at the same place would work

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99
Intel Core Ultra 7 265K CPU Desktop Processor LGA 1851 20-Core - New
$284.79
AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00
Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i7-9700 3.00 GHz LGA 1151 Desktop CPU Processor SRG13
$79.99
AMD - Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core - 16-Thread 3.4 GHz (4.5 GHz Max Boost) w/ Ice Pad
$355.99
LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00