-
Senior Member
registered user
Replacing `pcmanfm→side pane→Right Clk→Eject Removable Media` with script
Sorry for being absent from the forum for so long.
I have an ancient pendrive that still works well, but is irresponsive to `pcmanfm→side pane→Right Clk→Eject Removable Media` . It has an LED lamp that keeps glowing even when "Eject..." is clicked.
I have had the solution for a long time. I had found it from elsewhere then also from here: Ask Ubuntu 447471
and here: Karl's Code
I first run :
Code:
for device in $(ls /sys/bus/usb/devices/*/product); do echo $device;cat $device;done
I identify the Mass Storage Device, then use the command:
Code:
echo 'x-y' | sudo tee /sys/bus/usb/drivers/usb/unbind
and the LED switches off, which is an evidence that the drive is powered off.
One could also have used:
Code:
dmesg | grep -e "Mass Storage"
then use the `unbind` code.
Is there a possibility of adding these two lines of codes as script in `pcmanfm→side pane→Right Clk→Eject Removable Media`?
I will also write to pcmanfm user-group for a solution and will post the responses, if any, here too. I still use Knoppix 7.2.0
Last edited by rajibando; 08-11-2017 at 08:27 AM.
-
Junior Member
registered user
i recently learned eject is a binary which is called by the filemanagers
you can even remove it
sudo apt-get -y --purge remove eject
maybe thereafter a script with the same name stored at the same place would work
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$41.00

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Seagate ST3000NM0005 HDD 3TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K 3.5" 512 b/s
$59.00

Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD
$339.00

Tested WD Ultrastar DC HC520 12TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HDD HUH721212ALN600
$239.99

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99