Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Replacing `pcmanfm→side pane→Right Clk→Eject Removable Media` with script

Threaded View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mysore, India
    Posts
    275

    Replacing `pcmanfm→side pane→Right Clk→Eject Removable Media` with script

    Sorry for being absent from the forum for so long.
    I have an ancient pendrive that still works well, but is irresponsive to `pcmanfm→side pane→Right Clk→Eject Removable Media` . It has an LED lamp that keeps glowing even when "Eject..." is clicked.
    I have had the solution for a long time. I had found it from elsewhere then also from here: Ask Ubuntu 447471
    and here: Karl's Code
    I first run :
    Code:
    for device in $(ls /sys/bus/usb/devices/*/product); do echo $device;cat $device;done
    I identify the Mass Storage Device, then use the command:
    Code:
    echo 'x-y' | sudo tee /sys/bus/usb/drivers/usb/unbind
    and the LED switches off, which is an evidence that the drive is powered off.
    One could also have used:
    Code:
    dmesg | grep -e "Mass Storage"
    then use the `unbind` code.
    Is there a possibility of adding these two lines of codes as script in `pcmanfm→side pane→Right Clk→Eject Removable Media`?

    I will also write to pcmanfm user-group for a solution and will post the responses, if any, here too. I still use Knoppix 7.2.0
    Last edited by rajibando; 08-11-2017 at 08:27 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Apple Computer cards VTG 670-8020-B  607-0103-C  607-0291-C AST -Orange Micro ++ picture

Apple Computer cards VTG 670-8020-B 607-0103-C 607-0291-C AST -Orange Micro ++

$169.00



Vintage Apple iMac G4 15

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers

$300.00



PowerBook Duo 210 vintage laptop picture

PowerBook Duo 210 vintage laptop

$120.00



Apple IIe Vintage Home Computer System Model A2S2064 MPN A2S2064 picture

Apple IIe Vintage Home Computer System Model A2S2064 MPN A2S2064

$105.00



Lot of 3 VIntage  Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS picture

Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS

$7.00



Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed picture

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed

$69.95



256k VRAM Vintage Apple Macintosh 670-0269 works with 630-0044 80ns QTY: 2 picture

256k VRAM Vintage Apple Macintosh 670-0269 works with 630-0044 80ns QTY: 2

$76.20



Vintage 1984 Apple Macintosh MacWrite & MacPaint Boxed Set - Near Complete picture

Vintage 1984 Apple Macintosh MacWrite & MacPaint Boxed Set - Near Complete

$125.00



VINTAGE Apple Mac OS X Computer Monitor picture

VINTAGE Apple Mac OS X Computer Monitor

$250.00



Vintage Apple Macintosh M1212 Color Display Monitor *Untested* picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh M1212 Color Display Monitor *Untested*

$69.99