I forgot to mention:
The knoppix version is 7.0.2 (DVD).
The kernel version is 3.3.7.
I had put knoppix into Suspend (Fn+F4) for a few minutes (which I've done many
times before), and then pressed SPACEBAR to resume it. It resumed and displayed
what was on the screen previously.
I didn't type anything but proceeded to read the text that was in a Kate window
that was still open from before the Suspend.
However, about 20 to 40 seconds after the resume-from-Suspend (as I was reading
the Kate text), the laptop appeared to perform a re-login (all by itself). That
is, it seemed to do the same as when you select KMenu/Logout/Logout. The
applications that I had open all disappeared, and a fresh Desktop was displayed
(the system uses LXDE).
The applications that I had open (before the re-login) were three instances of
the Chromium browser, and 2 instances of the Kate editor. I've had no problems
before by having three instances of Chromium open.
At the time the re-login happened, I wasn't doing anything or touching anything,
and the internet WASN'T connected.
I'm not sure if this re-login occurrence has happened before, but it's worrying
because if I'd had something important running at the time, then it would have
been disastrous.
Please could you tell me why the system would do a re-login all by itself, and
how can I stop it happening again. Thanks.
I forgot to mention:
The knoppix version is 7.0.2 (DVD).
The kernel version is 3.3.7.

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$49.99
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99