Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Problem with detection Monitor/Graphic card

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1

    Unhappy Problem with detection Monitor/Graphic card

    I replaced my original graphic card (ASUS EAH3850 512 MB DDR3) with a new (ASUS TURBO GTX1060 6GB) in my desktop.
    Probably, this HW replacement caused my problem.

    Start of Knoppix looks correctly. There are no errors / warnings in console.
    But, after starting a graphical interface, there is a black screen, and monitor shows only a message:
    "The current input timing is not supported by monitor display. Please change your input timing to 1920x1200@60Hz".

    Probably the resolution or the frequency are outside from monitor range. Or there is a bad/incompatible driver for my graphic card.

    So I tried to test a new version of Knoppix (version 7.7.1), - Booting from USB, but there is a same problem.
    I tested "CTRL"+"DEL"+"-" , but without responds.

    Also, I tried F2 and starts the knoppix with several parameters many times (always with a same negative result).

    Fox example, I tested these parameters:

    knoppix screen=1280x1024
    knoppix64 norandr
    knoppix64 xmodule=nv screen=1280x1024
    knoppix xserver=XFree86 xmodule=vesa
    knoppix screen=1280x1024 vsync=60 xmodule=svga
    knoppix screen=1280x1024 vsync=60 hsync=60
    knoppix screen=1920x1200 vsync=60 hsync=60

    I am using a desktop pc with this hardware:
    Processor AMD FX-8300, MotherBoard ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0, 16 GB RAM
    !! Graphic Card ASUS TURBO GTX1060 6GB
    !! monitor DELL U2412M (maximal res. 1920x1200 @ 60 Hz)

    I will happy for any suggestions, because this is frustrating for me (I haven't got my original Graphic card yet).
    Or, maybe some update of driver package in new version of Knoppix could helps.
    Thank you.

  2. #2
    did you use CD attached to graphic card and new screen? First connect old screen and install graphics card and make sure its working fine. After this you screen should work fine as well so do this and tell me results.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1
    I would like to echo this question. I'm having the same problem. Has anyone solved this problem or have a work around?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA picture

Intel X520-DA2 10Gb 10Gbe 10 Gigabit Network Adapter NIC Dual Port E10G42BTDA

$28.94



Lot of 5 Cisco 10G SFP+ 850nm 300m Transceiver Module P/N: SFP-10G-SR-10-2415-03 picture

Lot of 5 Cisco 10G SFP+ 850nm 300m Transceiver Module P/N: SFP-10G-SR-10-2415-03

$15.00



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD  Module  10-2945-02  NEW CLAMSHELL picture

Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW CLAMSHELL

$45.50



Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED picture

Dell 10 Gigabit SFP+ SR Transceiver 0XYD50 NEW SEALED

$24.99