As root in a console dpkg-reconfigure nis and choose to have it start on boot if the option is there or edit the file /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh and put the line to start the service at the bottom and it will start on boot, this also as root.
I run knoppix on my HDD.
I already configure it using NIS.
It work fine, every user can login from it.
But there is a problem, after I restart the computer, NIS did not start , i have to login as root and type in my console /etc/init.d/nis start , to start the nis, again.
My question, how can I start NIS automatically ?
Thank You
As root in a console dpkg-reconfigure nis and choose to have it start on boot if the option is there or edit the file /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh and put the line to start the service at the bottom and it will start on boot, this also as root.

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99
Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99
Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99
Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00
Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99
Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86
Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99
$24.99
Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p
$99.99
Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99
Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99