Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 12 of 12

Thread: What was wrong with the web browsers

  1. #11
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    49

    Re: Winmodem?

    Hi MorskNorsk,

    Thanks for your response.

    >>
    Quote Originally Posted by MorskNorsk
    Sorry, I slipped back to my redhat days. Read the second post by Stephen here. That should tell you howto setup DSL.<<

    I have no problem in setup ADSL connnection on ClusterKnoppix

    Knoppix Start -> Internet -> Connection - xDSL

    I have tried many times. The strange thing is that PPPstatus shows ISP connected, but I could not browse Internet. I tried both Mozilla and Konqueeror. Kmail could not send and receive mails. (I have no proble to configure Kmail. I have done hundred times on RH)

    On RH vesion 6.0, 7.3 and 8.0 I have no problem to configure Kmail and other email packages such as Mozilla mail, Ximian Evolutio, etc and setup KPPP and xDSL connection..

    However I am hold on Knoppix CD.

    >>I see you have a Lucent modem, but you mention winmodem. Have you had it working in RedHat before? Do you know what module it used? What about any ppp log files in /var/log? Other than that I'm stumped
    <<

    On this machine the motherboard has a built-in modem, an internal modem-a Lucent modem.. Winmodem.org terms it as winmodem. It works without problem on RH 8.0. But I have not got it setup on Knoppix CD. It involves downloading additional packages from winmodem.org. I don't expect to add additional trouble and concentrate on setup xDSL connection first.

    I have tried the same Knoppix CD on another machine also running RH 8.0 with an external modem, a real modem, installed. I tested both ADSL connection as well as KPPP connnect. I met the same problem, ISP connected but I could not browse internel. Neither email program can send and receive mails

    Is it a bug on ClusterKnoppix V3.2???

    B.Regards

  2. #12
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    73
    stumped

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. OK~ what am i doing wrong..
    By mikejn1 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-29-2004, 02:42 PM
  2. Where did I go wrong ...
    By Mic Q in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-16-2004, 10:21 AM
  3. http opens 2 browsers
    By Dreamofgilgamesh in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-29-2004, 08:15 PM
  4. Don't see what I am doing wrong
    By Jera in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-17-2004, 07:53 AM
  5. Browsers open nothing when not logged in as root
    By Raj in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-16-2003, 12:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY picture

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY

$10.00



Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory picture

MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory

$149.99



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM  M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q picture

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q

$169.00



Crucial Laptop Ram 32GB (2x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz CT16G4SFRA32A picture

Crucial Laptop Ram 32GB (2x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz CT16G4SFRA32A

$119.99



DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix picture

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix

$66.00



Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM picture

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM

$43.00



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00