Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Trying to use Wine in 7.7.1, missing mono and gecko packages

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    50

    Trying to use Wine in 7.7.1, missing mono and gecko packages

    When I configure Wine it says to install mono and gecko from my distro, and so i found mono-complete and installed it, but then found no gecko package available.

    At this point my worry is that I've destroyed the install and have to redo everything from scratch.

    It offered to install these from the wine site but suggested I don't do that, so I didn't take the options to install them, but now if I run the configure wine option it doesn't ask me if I want to load them.

    Any ideas? I have a program that is windows only for which there isn't an obvious linux alternative.

    Thanks for any suggestions...

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    110
    Hello,

    I am not very informed on Linux. But I think the following.

    1- Windows has no OBVIOUS linux ALTERNATIVE. No REAL alternative at all
    other than WINDOWS and its rleases!

    2- While Linux has (NOT obvious) many alternatives: different distributions.

    3- Wine is dedicated for only some "win32 apps".
    WINE...Is Not an Emulator of Windows as it is indicated sometimes.
    Please see the FAQ if you want more....and the "wine site"

    4- Personally I "by-pass" downloading MONO and Gecko. No problem afterwards.

    Perhaps I shall not be able to reconnect before a long time ago.
    So excuse me if I cannot follow all of your thread.

    Good chance

    knp

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED

$34.95



Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE picture

Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE

$225.00



SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP picture

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP

$400.00



Grandstream GXW4224 24-Line FXS Analog VoIP Gateway, Ethernet RJ-45 Black picture

Grandstream GXW4224 24-Line FXS Analog VoIP Gateway, Ethernet RJ-45 Black

$165.00



Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply picture

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply

$25.00



Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H picture

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H

$19.99



Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone picture

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone

$49.28



5 LOT - Polycom VVX411 Gigabit VoIP Desktop Business Phone 2201-48450-001 picture

5 LOT - Polycom VVX411 Gigabit VoIP Desktop Business Phone 2201-48450-001

$99.99



Set of 5 USED IPitomy IP620-B HD VoIP 6-Line IP Phone Speakerphone Ethernet POE picture

Set of 5 USED IPitomy IP620-B HD VoIP 6-Line IP Phone Speakerphone Ethernet POE

$149.00



Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019 picture

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019

$49.99