Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Trying to use Wine in 7.7.1, missing mono and gecko packages

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    50

    Trying to use Wine in 7.7.1, missing mono and gecko packages

    When I configure Wine it says to install mono and gecko from my distro, and so i found mono-complete and installed it, but then found no gecko package available.

    At this point my worry is that I've destroyed the install and have to redo everything from scratch.

    It offered to install these from the wine site but suggested I don't do that, so I didn't take the options to install them, but now if I run the configure wine option it doesn't ask me if I want to load them.

    Any ideas? I have a program that is windows only for which there isn't an obvious linux alternative.

    Thanks for any suggestions...

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    110
    Hello,

    I am not very informed on Linux. But I think the following.

    1- Windows has no OBVIOUS linux ALTERNATIVE. No REAL alternative at all
    other than WINDOWS and its rleases!

    2- While Linux has (NOT obvious) many alternatives: different distributions.

    3- Wine is dedicated for only some "win32 apps".
    WINE...Is Not an Emulator of Windows as it is indicated sometimes.
    Please see the FAQ if you want more....and the "wine site"

    4- Personally I "by-pass" downloading MONO and Gecko. No problem afterwards.

    Perhaps I shall not be able to reconnect before a long time ago.
    So excuse me if I cannot follow all of your thread.

    Good chance

    knp

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$174.99



SGIN 17.3

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD

$229.99



HP ZBook Firefly 14

HP ZBook Firefly 14" G8 Mobile Workstation i5 11th Gen 16GB RAM 256 GB SSD No AC

$184.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T14S Gen 1 8-Core Ryzen 7 Pro 4750U 512GB SSD 16GB RAM FAIR BATT picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14S Gen 1 8-Core Ryzen 7 Pro 4750U 512GB SSD 16GB RAM FAIR BATT

$225.00



Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2  / SR19W   3.30GHz 25MB  8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011 picture

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011

$30.00



Intel Xeon E-2388G 8-Core 3.20GHz CPU Processor LGA 1151 SRKMZ picture

Intel Xeon E-2388G 8-Core 3.20GHz CPU Processor LGA 1151 SRKMZ

$799.99



AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused

$395.95



AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY picture

AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY

$39.99



Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS picture

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS

$259.98



Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11 picture

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11

$250.00