Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Knoppix 8.1 USB-stick installation

  1. #1
    Senior Member Karibu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kelowna, BC Canada
    Posts
    157

    Question Knoppix 8.1 USB-stick installation

    Successfully installed release 8.1 on USB stick...works great on my AMD desktop with dual screens, though two minor issues: 1) Screen layout configured with xrandr to my needs - file saved in --->knoppix/.screenlayout with name ScreenLayout.sh. After reboot the system does not boot with this configuration and I have to configure each time I start the computer. 2) Running ->System Settings, ->Workspace Themes ->Cursor Theme I change the mouse cursor to "redglass 48". After reboot the system does not boot with this configuration either and I have to configure the mouse cursor theme each time I start the computer. What do I do wrong? Is there an easy fix which I can do myself?

  2. #2
    Senior Member Karibu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kelowna, BC Canada
    Posts
    157

    Question

    I'm just wondering: Does it make any sense to look at "/etc/X11/xorg.conf" for a solution to the issue? Here are Section Monitor and Section Device:------------ -------------- --------- --
    # Monitor section --->auto-generated by KNOPPIX mkxorgconfig Section "Monitor" Identifier "Monitor0" ModelName "Generic Monitor" # HorizSync 28.0 - 78.0 # Warning: This may fry very old Monitors # HorizSync 28.0 - 96.0 # Warning: This may fry old Monitors # VertRefresh 50.0 - 76.0 # Very conservative. May flicker. # VertRefresh 50.0 - 60.0 # Extreme conservative. Will flicker. TFT default. Option "MonitorLayout" "LVDS,AUTO" EndSection . . ----------------

    # Section "Device" ---> ### Available Driver options are:- # sw_cursor is needed for some ati and radeon cards #Option "sw_cursor" #Option "hw_cursor" #Option "NoAccel" #Option "ShowCache" #Option "ShadowFB" #Option "UseFBDev" #Option "Rotate" Identifier "Card0" # Driver (chipset) autodetect VendorName "All" BoardName "All" # BusID "PCI:1:0:0" # compiz, beryl 3D-Support with DRI & Composite Option "XAANoOffscreenPixmaps" Option "AllowGLXWithComposite" "true" # Some Radeon cards don't handle this well. # Option "EnablePageFlip" "true" Option "TripleBuffer" "true" # Tweaks for the xorg 7.4 (otherwise broken) "intel" driver # Option "Tiling" "no" Option "Legacy3D" "false" # These two lines are (presumably) needed to prevent fonts from being scrambled Option "XaaNoScanlineImageWriteRect" "true" Option "XaaNoScanlineCPUToScreenColorExpandFill" "true" EndSection------------
    Last edited by Karibu; 10-08-2017 at 11:22 PM.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    152
    Run LxAppearane?

  4. #4
    Senior Member Karibu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kelowna, BC Canada
    Posts
    157

    [SOLVED] Knoppix 8.1 USB-stick installation

    Thanks for the hint... yes I did and it solved issue #2 - Mouse cursor configuration remains after reboot as desired. For issue #1 - Screen layout - I just change the video cable connections to the PC.
    Last edited by Karibu; 10-10-2017 at 06:28 AM.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Karibu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kelowna, BC Canada
    Posts
    157
    I'm not really happy with the solution though ...
    because now I have trouble to get the cursor size bigger.
    I would like to have redglass 48, which I can choose in System Settings, as default and available after each reboot.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    152
    /home/knoppix/.config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini ?

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    152
    or:

    /home/knoppix/.config/lxsession/LXDE/desktop.conf

  8. #8
    Senior Member Karibu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kelowna, BC Canada
    Posts
    157
    Quote Originally Posted by philo View Post
    /home/knoppix/.config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini ?
    [Settings]
    gtk-theme-name=Raleigh
    gtk-icon-theme-name=gnome
    gtk-font-name=Bitstream Vera Sans 12
    gtk-cursor-theme-name=core
    gtk-cursor-theme-size=18
    gtk-toolbar-style=GTK_TOOLBAR_BOTH_HORIZ
    gtk-toolbar-icon-size=GTK_ICON_SIZE_LARGE_TOOLBAR
    gtk-button-images=1
    gtk-menu-images=1
    gtk-enable-event-sounds=1
    gtk-enable-input-feedback-sounds=1
    gtk-xft-antialias=1
    gtk-xft-hinting=1
    gtk-xft-hintstyle=hintslight
    gtk-xft-rgba=rgb

    I'm not sure how to change the cursor theme here?

  9. #9
    Senior Member Karibu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kelowna, BC Canada
    Posts
    157
    Quote Originally Posted by philo View Post
    or:

    /home/knoppix/.config/lxsession/LXDE/desktop.conf
    [Session]
    window_manager=compiz
    disable_autostart=no
    polkit/command=lxpolkit
    clipboard/command=lxclipboard
    xsettings_manager/command=build-in
    proxy_manager/command=build-in
    keyring/command=ssh-agent
    quit_manager/command=lxsession-logout
    quit_manager/image=/usr/share/lxde/images/logout-banner.png
    quit_manager/layout=top
    lock_manager/command=lxlock
    terminal_manager/command=lxterminal
    launcher_manager/command=lxpanelctl

    [GTK]
    sNet/ThemeName=Raleigh
    sNet/IconThemeName=gnome
    sGtk/FontName=Bitstream Vera Sans 12
    iGtk/ToolbarStyle=3
    iGtk/ButtonImages=1
    iGtk/MenuImages=1
    sGtk/CursorThemeName=redglass
    iGtk/CursorThemeSize=18
    iXft/Antialias=1
    iXft/Hinting=1
    sXft/HintStyle=hintslight
    sXft/RGBA=rgb
    iNet/EnableEventSounds=1
    iNet/EnableInputFeedbackSounds=1
    sGtk/ColorScheme=
    iGtk/ToolbarIconSize=3

    [Mouse]
    AccFactor=20
    AccThreshold=10
    LeftHanded=0

    [Keyboard]
    Delay=500
    Interval=30
    Beep=1

    [State]
    guess_default=true

    [Dbus]
    lxde=true

    [Environment]
    menu_prefix=lxde-

    I'm confused...
    here redglass shows up ( size 18 though). Which of the config files is responsible when booting?

  10. #10
    Senior Member Karibu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kelowna, BC Canada
    Posts
    157
    Eureka! It works....It's ....LXDE/dektop.conf
    Thank you philo, I changed line

    iGtk/CursorThemeSize=18
    to

    iGtk/CursorThemeSize=48

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM picture

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM

$1625.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed picture

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed

$49.99



867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001 picture

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001

$245.00



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



Windows Server 2022 | Intel 18-Core Xeon | 32GB ECC DDR4 | 256GB SSD | 3TB HDD picture

Windows Server 2022 | Intel 18-Core Xeon | 32GB ECC DDR4 | 256GB SSD | 3TB HDD

$635.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$149.99



Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server picture

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server

$349.99