Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Knoppix 8.1 Hard drive Installation

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member Karibu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kelowna, BC Canada
    Posts
    157

    Question Knoppix 8.1 Hard drive Installation

    I Installed Knoppix 8.1 on Hard drive.
    There is an issue with the Time setting.

    Here is what I found out so far:

    a) The BIOS of my MSI motherboard is set to universal time UTC.

    b) In /etc/adjtime I find
    '0.000000 1177000000 0.000000
    1177000000
    UTC'

    c) After setting my time zone via ---> Preferences ---> Date and Time to 'America/Vancouver
    I checked /etc/timezone and found the right entry - America/Vancouver - and the right time appears in the panel.


    After each restart/reboot of the computer, /etc/timezone is overwritten with 'localtime'
    and I have to set the timezone new as I did before.

    What can I do to have the /etc/timezone entry permanent?

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    44
    use boot cheat code tz=America/Vancouver

  3. #3
    Senior Member Karibu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kelowna, BC Canada
    Posts
    157
    I have a multi system configuration - Ubuntu 16.04 and Windows 10.
    I installed Knoppix and I have to select the system I want to use from a grub.conf. menu which comes up after start.
    Where do I have the access to enter the cheat code for Knoppix?

  4. #4
    Senior Member Karibu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kelowna, BC Canada
    Posts
    157
    Quote Originally Posted by Karibu View Post
    I have a multi system configuration - Ubuntu 16.04 and Windows 10.
    I installed Knoppix and I have to select the system I want to use from a grub.conf. menu which comes up after start.
    Where do I have the access to enter the cheat code for Knoppix?
    Here is the entry for Knoppix boot in my grub.cfg. Where would I have to enter the code 'tz-America/Vancouver?

    PHP Code:
    menuentry 'Debian GNU/Linux (buster/sid) (on /dev/sdc1)' --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os $menuentry_id_option 'osprober-gnulinux-simple-d3e1c0de-0517-45d5-b1a8-518122a550b8' {
        
    insmod part_msdos
        insmod reiserfs
        set root
    ='hd2,msdos1'
        
    if [ x$feature_platform_search_hint = xy ]; then
          search 
    --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root --hint-bios=hd2,msdos1 --hint-efi=hd2,msdos1 --hint-baremetal=ahci2,msdos1  d3e1c0de-0517-45d5-b1a8-518122a550b8
        
    else
          
    search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root d3e1c0de-0517-45d5-b1a8-518122a550b8
        fi
        linux 
    /boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/sdc1 rootwait lang= apm=power-off nomce libata.force=noncq tz=localtime loglevel=1 lang=en apm=power-off initrd=minirt.gz nomce hpsa.hpsa_allow_any=1 loglevel=1 rw
    } 

  5. #5
    Senior Member Karibu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kelowna, BC Canada
    Posts
    157
    linux /boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/sdc1 rootwait lang= apm=power-off nomce libata.force=noncq tz=localtime
    I guess this would be the line where I have to replace tz=localtime to ---> tz=America/Vancouver ?

  6. #6
    Senior Member Karibu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kelowna, BC Canada
    Posts
    157

    Lightbulb Issue [SOLVED]

    I guess this would be the line where I have to replace tz=localtime to
    ---> tz=America/Vancouver ?
    Yes exactly, that's the line....it works probably for all cheat codes...Great feature...This might be my main Linux OS from now on!

    Thank you fredvej for the hint...Issue [SOLVED]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell Poweredge R630 2x Intel Xeon E5-2650 v4 64GB RAM No Drives/OS Server picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Intel Xeon E5-2650 v4 64GB RAM No Drives/OS Server

$490.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Intel Xeon E5-2650 v4 32GB RAM No Drives/OS Server picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Intel Xeon E5-2650 v4 32GB RAM No Drives/OS Server

$325.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700 picture

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700

$289.99



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$149.99



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$488.00



Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W picture

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W

$285.97



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99