-
Senior Member
Knoppix 8.1 Hard drive Installation
I Installed Knoppix 8.1 on Hard drive.
There is an issue with the Time setting.
Here is what I found out so far:
a) The BIOS of my MSI motherboard is set to universal time UTC.
b) In /etc/adjtime I find
'0.000000 1177000000 0.000000
1177000000
UTC'
c) After setting my time zone via ---> Preferences ---> Date and Time to 'America/Vancouver
I checked /etc/timezone and found the right entry - America/Vancouver - and the right time appears in the panel.
After each restart/reboot of the computer, /etc/timezone is overwritten with 'localtime'
and I have to set the timezone new as I did before.
What can I do to have the /etc/timezone entry permanent?
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W
$899.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Windows Server Datacenter 2025 32 CORE 50 CALs 10 CPU USB With Key
$175.00