Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Knoppix 8.1 Hard drive Installation

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member Karibu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kelowna, BC Canada
    Posts
    157
    I have a multi system configuration - Ubuntu 16.04 and Windows 10.
    I installed Knoppix and I have to select the system I want to use from a grub.conf. menu which comes up after start.
    Where do I have the access to enter the cheat code for Knoppix?

  2. #2
    Senior Member Karibu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kelowna, BC Canada
    Posts
    157
    Quote Originally Posted by Karibu View Post
    I have a multi system configuration - Ubuntu 16.04 and Windows 10.
    I installed Knoppix and I have to select the system I want to use from a grub.conf. menu which comes up after start.
    Where do I have the access to enter the cheat code for Knoppix?
    Here is the entry for Knoppix boot in my grub.cfg. Where would I have to enter the code 'tz-America/Vancouver?

    PHP Code:
    menuentry 'Debian GNU/Linux (buster/sid) (on /dev/sdc1)' --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os $menuentry_id_option 'osprober-gnulinux-simple-d3e1c0de-0517-45d5-b1a8-518122a550b8' {
        
    insmod part_msdos
        insmod reiserfs
        set root
    ='hd2,msdos1'
        
    if [ x$feature_platform_search_hint = xy ]; then
          search 
    --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root --hint-bios=hd2,msdos1 --hint-efi=hd2,msdos1 --hint-baremetal=ahci2,msdos1  d3e1c0de-0517-45d5-b1a8-518122a550b8
        
    else
          
    search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set=root d3e1c0de-0517-45d5-b1a8-518122a550b8
        fi
        linux 
    /boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/sdc1 rootwait lang= apm=power-off nomce libata.force=noncq tz=localtime loglevel=1 lang=en apm=power-off initrd=minirt.gz nomce hpsa.hpsa_allow_any=1 loglevel=1 rw
    } 

  3. #3
    Senior Member Karibu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kelowna, BC Canada
    Posts
    157
    linux /boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/sdc1 rootwait lang= apm=power-off nomce libata.force=noncq tz=localtime
    I guess this would be the line where I have to replace tz=localtime to ---> tz=America/Vancouver ?

  4. #4
    Senior Member Karibu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kelowna, BC Canada
    Posts
    157

    Lightbulb Issue [SOLVED]

    I guess this would be the line where I have to replace tz=localtime to
    ---> tz=America/Vancouver ?
    Yes exactly, that's the line....it works probably for all cheat codes...Great feature...This might be my main Linux OS from now on!

    Thank you fredvej for the hint...Issue [SOLVED]

  5. #5
    Senior Member Karibu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kelowna, BC Canada
    Posts
    157
    Sorry, I forgot to mention that I also had to change timezone in
    -> Root/boot/grub the menu.lst
    default 0timeout 30
    color cyan/blue white/blue

    title KNOPPIX
    root (hd2,0)
    kernel /boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/sdc1 rootwait lang= apm=power-off nomce libata.force=noncq tz=America/Vancouver loglevel=1 lang=en apm=power-off initrd=minirt.gz nomce hpsa.hpsa_allow_any=1 loglevel=1 rw
    (when running Knoppix)

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    802
    Quote Originally Posted by Karibu View Post
    Sorry, I forgot to mention that I also had to change timezone in
    -> Root/boot/grub the menu.lst

    (when running Knoppix)
    Welcome to micro- (or was it nano-?) remastering of Knoppix
    You can do quite a few adaptations by editing the kernel parameters. For example, doing multi-booting in a more orderly fashion.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5 picture

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5

$189.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P picture

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P

$71.49



MSI - B550M PRO-VDH WIFI (Socket AM4) AMD B550 MATX DDR4 Wi-Fi 6 Motherboard ... picture

MSI - B550M PRO-VDH WIFI (Socket AM4) AMD B550 MATX DDR4 Wi-Fi 6 Motherboard ...

$89.99



Asus Prime B660M-A AC D4 Motherboard Intel LGA 1700 14th 13th 12th Gen DDR4 picture

Asus Prime B660M-A AC D4 Motherboard Intel LGA 1700 14th 13th 12th Gen DDR4

$79.99



ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU picture

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU

$45.00



Asus ROG Strix B460-H LGA 1200 ATX Intel 10th Gen DDR4 Motherboard picture

Asus ROG Strix B460-H LGA 1200 ATX Intel 10th Gen DDR4 Motherboard

$84.99