-
How do I use my own custom startup file that will run when X Window starts?
Summary
I have Knoppix installed on my hard disc (distro 7.0.2, kernel release 3.3.7).
How do I use my own custom startup file that will run when X Window starts?
I've put an executable shell script in the directory /etc/X11/Xsession.d/ but
the command inside it doesn't run.
Please could you tell me what's wrong, and what I need to do? Thanks.
Full Desccription
When X Window starts, I'd like to use an X11 startup file to run the Kate
editor so that a Kate window appears, containing the file I want to view. I've
put a startup file in the directory /etc/X11/Xsession.d/ called "a90-custom"
(named so that it runs last). It's a bash script (made executable) containing
Code:
#! /bin/bash
kate --new /home/knoppix/text-file.txt &
But after bootup, and after X Window starts, the Desktop appears but with
no Kate window showing.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller
$714.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives
$149.95

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Dell 3JH35 PERC H740P 8GB PCI-E RAID CONTROLLER CARD W/CABLE
$99.00

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US
$29.88

1 Dell Ultra SSD M.2 NVMe PCI-Express x16 Solid State Storage Adapter Card 6N9RH
$59.99

9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US
$49.50