Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: How do I use my own custom startup file that will run when X Window starts?

  1. #1

    How do I use my own custom startup file that will run when X Window starts?

    Summary

    I have Knoppix installed on my hard disc (distro 7.0.2, kernel release 3.3.7).

    How do I use my own custom startup file that will run when X Window starts?

    I've put an executable shell script in the directory /etc/X11/Xsession.d/ but
    the command inside it doesn't run.

    Please could you tell me what's wrong, and what I need to do? Thanks.

    Full Desccription

    When X Window starts, I'd like to use an X11 startup file to run the Kate
    editor so that a Kate window appears, containing the file I want to view. I've
    put a startup file in the directory /etc/X11/Xsession.d/ called "a90-custom"
    (named so that it runs last). It's a bash script (made executable) containing

    Code:
    #! /bin/bash
    kate --new /home/knoppix/text-file.txt &
    But after bootup, and after X Window starts, the Desktop appears but with
    no Kate window showing.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    44
    Try using you desktop's autostart feature to run the program after Knoppix logs in

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED

$34.95



SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP picture

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP

$400.00



Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019 picture

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019

$49.99



Lot Of 5 Poly Edge E550 82M91AA IP Desktop Phone PoE New In Box picture

Lot Of 5 Poly Edge E550 82M91AA IP Desktop Phone PoE New In Box

$1500.00



Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply picture

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply

$25.00



Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H picture

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H

$19.99



Polycom VVX 410 12-lines VoIP Phone picture

Polycom VVX 410 12-lines VoIP Phone

$15.00



Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone picture

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone

$49.28



Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB picture

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB

$27.07



Yealink SIP-T46S, t46G, & T46U IP Phone - Black, LOT of 14 picture

Yealink SIP-T46S, t46G, & T46U IP Phone - Black, LOT of 14

$324.99