-
Absolute beginner needs boot options
Impressed by Knoppix I today succeeded in installing version 3.1. on my hard disk, after making a linux and swap partition using knx-hdinstall.
However, now whenever I reboot I only have the Linux option and cannot select WIN98.
Attempts to reboot with a win98 start floppy showed that according to fdisk the active partition was the 98 one, but I still could not start win98 or access partition magic.
So how do I get to start with the other OS? Can (or must ) I set up multibooting from within Knoppix? Or set another partition as active? I have studied the FAQs in vain. There is reference to QTPARTED being included, but I cant find it. Nor for that matter can I find Kfind. The manual tells me it will be found "in several programs", but which?
Please bear with an absolute newbie who doesnt speak linux. (Is there a newbie forum anywhere?)
Any help with be gratefully recieved.
Roger
Similar Threads
-
By trav618 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-25-2004, 03:54 AM
-
By jimbo62 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-15-2004, 02:28 AM
-
By metalfan in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-13-2004, 01:35 PM
-
By ovunque in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-18-2004, 12:20 AM
-
By Tea_Fiend in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-17-2004, 08:03 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

ASUS PRIME H670-PLUS D4 motherboard LGA1700 DDR4 128G HDMI+DP ATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z890M AORUS ELITE WIFI7 ICE INTEL MOTHERBOARD
$149.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

GIGABYTE A520MK V2 microATX AM4 motherboard
$54.99

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW
$121.45

MSI Z370-A PRO ATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 4-Slot Motherboard w/ I/O Shield
$60.00