Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Knoppix 2 Harddrive or Debian 3.0 r1?

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    10

    Knoppix 2 Harddrive or Debian 3.0 r1?

    I have decided to install Linux on my new system, thanx to Knoppix .

    Question is, I have read somewhere that installing the O.S. off of the Knoppix C.D. to your harddrive is unstable errr something... So should I just download and install the latest Debian?

    Oh and if installing from Knoppix is not a problem, then how would I go about doing that?

    Thanks to all of the helpful people on this board

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Piraeus / Hellas
    Posts
    121
    Dear Isaacav2,
    I suggesting you to install the latest possible version of Knoppix 3.2 (till now is 06/06/2003).
    The installation progress is very easy I think, just open a console from KDE desktop (or press Ctrl + Alt +F2 at the same time to access a real console), type sudo and press enter key, type knx-hdinstall and press enter key then just follow the on screen instructions. Be very carefull not to delete or defect any existing OS partition or installation settings...

    If you have other or unanswered questions please let me know and I will try to help you (I am newbie too!!!)

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: Knoppix 2 Harddrive or Debian 3.0 r1?

    Quote Originally Posted by Isaacav2
    I have decided to install Linux on my new system, thanx to Knoppix .

    Question is, I have read somewhere that installing the O.S. off of the Knoppix C.D. to your harddrive is unstable errr something... So should I just download and install the latest Debian?

    Thanks to all of the helpful people on this board
    You would be using the testing/unstable sources which are used for the CD. Do not let the "unstable" scare you Debian unstable or SID (still in developement) is far more stable than most operating systems that claim to be stable. I personally have been using it for months with few problems mostly just annoyances with the systems setup.
    Oh and if installing from Knoppix is not a problem, then how would I go about doing that?
    See the here.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-03-2005, 10:42 AM
  2. knoppix-installer not detecting my harddrive?
    By darkwid in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-11-2004, 10:30 PM
  3. how do i install knoppix from the cd to a NTFS harddrive
    By michaelmay in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-22-2004, 10:22 PM
  4. HOWTO fix debian or knoppix/debian for Russian fonts
    By datakid in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-07-2003, 07:46 AM
  5. Installing Knoppix to USB-harddrive
    By ppanula in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-13-2003, 11:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$484.99



Dell PowerEdge R740xd Dual Intel Silver 4116 @2.1GHz 32GB HBA330 24Bay Server picture

Dell PowerEdge R740xd Dual Intel Silver 4116 @2.1GHz 32GB HBA330 24Bay Server

$525.00



Windows Server 2025 Standard Edition - 24 Core License picture

Windows Server 2025 Standard Edition - 24 Core License

$238.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell PowerEdge R640 1U 8SFF Server Barebones 2x Gold 5120 64GB H330 2x 750w picture

Dell PowerEdge R640 1U 8SFF Server Barebones 2x Gold 5120 64GB H330 2x 750w

$238.88



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots picture

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots

$745.00



VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack) picture

VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)

$1599.95



Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed picture

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed

$41.19