-
Remasting and inserting new kernel
I'm new to this remastering stuff and I had soms questions.
I' m making a knoppix version with pptpd support so I had to recompile my kernel. That worked. But now I'm stuck. The cd need to boot my new kernel, I changed the vmlinuz symlink in /boot to my new kernel but when I boot the cd it still searches the old kernel. So I tought my mistake was located in boot.img.
Now the actual question. If I remove vmlinuz in the boot.img file and copy my kernel to it will that kernel find my modulles. The name of my new kernel isn't vmlinuz. Is this a problem?
Millekink
Similar Threads
-
By id10t in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-17-2005, 10:22 PM
-
By roli in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-23-2004, 10:20 AM
-
By amontefusco in forum Laptops
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-09-2003, 09:46 AM
-
By pankajgadhari in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-05-2003, 10:09 PM
-
By firepunk in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 10
Last Post: 08-09-2003, 04:40 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic
$100.00

Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read
$295.00

Vintage Apple Mac mini CIB (2009 Mod A1283) Original box/sealed manuals
$450.00

Apple Power Macintosh PowerPC 7300/200 VTG w Keyboard Mouse Storage Drive Read
$199.99

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A
$150.00

185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac
$99.00

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00

2X Vintage Apple Macintosh Desktop Computers - IIcx/IIci - Parts Repair Untested
$129.00

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage All-in-One Desktop Computer
$95.00

Apple Macintosh DuoDock Duo Dock M7779 & Powerbook 230 Vintage Mac RARE Vintage
$249.00