-
Senior Member
registered user
Koen,
I have been using the Pinnacle PCTV studio card (bought on ebay new for $35) and it works great with Knoppix. I have also heard good things about the Hauppage WinTV cards, but I have no experience with them.
I have used the PCTV card while running the live cd version of Knoppix. In fact, if I have to do a hard drive install, I usually boot up the live cd to the desktop, copy over my xawtv configuration file, and watch TV using the XawTV viewing utility while I'm installing knoppix to my hard drive. Try doing that with any other distribution! Makes me laugh everytime!
The big thing you will want to know with any TV card you purchase is if it uses the BrookTrout (bttv) chipset. AFAIK linux, and specifically video for linux, does not really care about specific models as much as it cares about that.
You will have to run a configuration utility to set up all the channels, but after you are done, it will create a configuration file you can save and use over again. For xawtv this is .xawtv, a hidden file in your home directory.
Hope this information is helpful.
Regards,
~paul
Similar Threads
-
By supermal in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-28-2005, 02:23 PM
-
By hazenmeek in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-23-2003, 05:50 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS
$65.00

Samsung 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-3200AA 260-Pin RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE Module
$29.25

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

50x RAM Box Tray DDR2 DDR3 DDR4 DDR5 ESD DIMM Memory Shipping Storage Transport
$9.99

MINT Micron Cisco 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3 LOT
$159.99

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$30.00

16GB ( 4X 4GB ) MEMORY DDR3 PC3-10600 1333MHz FOR DELL OPTIPLEX 790 780 990 980
$39.99

Crucial 16GB (2x 8GB) Kit DDR3 1600MHz PC3-12800 UDIMM Desktop 240-Pin CL11 RAM
$41.00