-
Senior Member
registered user
Koen,
I have been using the Pinnacle PCTV studio card (bought on ebay new for $35) and it works great with Knoppix. I have also heard good things about the Hauppage WinTV cards, but I have no experience with them.
I have used the PCTV card while running the live cd version of Knoppix. In fact, if I have to do a hard drive install, I usually boot up the live cd to the desktop, copy over my xawtv configuration file, and watch TV using the XawTV viewing utility while I'm installing knoppix to my hard drive. Try doing that with any other distribution! Makes me laugh everytime!
The big thing you will want to know with any TV card you purchase is if it uses the BrookTrout (bttv) chipset. AFAIK linux, and specifically video for linux, does not really care about specific models as much as it cares about that.
You will have to run a configuration utility to set up all the channels, but after you are done, it will create a configuration file you can save and use over again. For xawtv this is .xawtv, a hidden file in your home directory.
Hope this information is helpful.
Regards,
~paul
Similar Threads
-
By supermal in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-28-2005, 02:23 PM
-
By hazenmeek in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-23-2003, 05:50 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99

Western Digital PC SN740 256GB M.2 2280 NVMe Internal SSD (SDDPNQD-256G)
$34.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

KingFast F10 256GB 2.5” SATA III SSD Tested Working 2710DCS23BF-256
$22.89

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00